Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another Old Project...

The story behind this is simple. I bought some yarn on eBay and didn't know what to do with it. It was a nice cotton/poly ribbon yarn, in a great creamy peachy colour. There was enough for a small garment, but I'm not a small girl! So, I thought a poncho would be nice.



It was at the height of the poncho comeback and although I was up for making one for myself I knew it had to be a simple design. I also hadn't started to knit, so it had to be a crochet design.



The pattern was the simple Incredible Ribbon Poncho at Lionbrand. Its a basic rectangle, then you sew up one side part way, leaving a hole for your head, so it fits asymmetrically.



I still wear the poncho now; its a great weight for spring when the weather has started to get good and warm. And the colour is nice on my olive skin tone.

No comments: